Key features of SPS Montessori
- The first and only authenticated Montessori Pre-School in Salem.
- Neat and spacious environments, covering 1000 sq. ft.
- Montessori methodology for teaching children aged 2.5 to 6 years.
- Mixed-age groups of children in the environments.
- Experienced and loving facilitators, certified with a Diploma from the Indian Montessori Training Centre (IMTC) in Karnataka.
- Each environment is staffed with two teachers and one caretaker.
- Separate teachers for Tamil and Hindi.
- The primary language of the campus is English, with equal importance on spoken Hindi and Tamil.
- Emphasis on activity-based learning.
- Children's library available in each classroom.
- Nutritious morning and evening refreshments provided.
- Transportation facilities for students.
- Safe play area for children.
- Exercises of Practical Life.
- Sensorial Activities.
- Cultural Science (Botany, Zoology, History & Geography)
As Montessori methodology is globalized, it is essential for Montessori teachers to be trained. This system is used at SPS, one of the best international schools in Salem.
Batches of teachers have been sent for a training program with IMTC's Chennai and Karnataka chapters, certifying them as Diploma holders in Montessori (D.M.T).
This initiative was started by our Correspondent, Mrs. Deepthi Dhanasekar, along with our Senior Principal, Mr. C. Srinivasan. Sixteen teachers have completed their training in Coimbatore, Erode, Hosur, and Bangalore, earning Montessori training certificates and D.M.T. certification.
In the academic year 2019-20, our school campus was designated as the centre for the Montessori training program based on the IMTC Karnataka chapter.
Additionally, in-house training sessions are provided to the teachers by experienced trainers every evening and on Saturdays.
exercises of Practical life
The Exercise of practical life activities in Montessori is given to the children to
develop their fine and gross motor skills.
Sensorial comes from the word senses. The purpose of sensorial activities is to help
children to sort out the different impressions given by the senses.
The role of nature in child’s learning is that it has given the ability to absorb
the language spoken by the others in his environment.
Montessori believed that a child’s mind is mathematical and based on the order of
perceptual awareness found in the development of the sense.
Culture and Science
Science is a part of our life.Science is everywhere from our kitchen to the pooja
room so it is necessary for the child to know it.
Play grounds are places where children’s play can take off and flourish.Our good and
neat play area is large enough and designed in such a way that children’s play can
come to full expression, where they can swing, jump, climb slide and explore the
2023 senthil public school salem. all rights reserved.